Let's face it, Fall is about getting cozy, slowing down, and enjoying the colder weather. This is my favorite season. I have to remember to keep my energy level up when the sunshine is gone, and I can easily crawl under a blanket. Here are 10 ways to boost your energy during the Fall
- We must get enough sleep to feel well-rested and energized throughout the day. Here are some great options to get you there.
- If you live in Western PA, you are most likely deficient in Vitamin D. Vitamin D is vital for making our muscles work efficiently and boosting energy levels. You can get tested to see how deficient you are. I use this vitamin D from Amazon.
- Sometimes we're tired and fatigued during the Fall and winter because we might be experiencing SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder). If you feel this way, reach out to your doctor to talk to them. I have found this light therapy to help me.
- Let's get physical! There are many ways to keep our blood flowing during the Fall season. Go for a hike, rake your leaves, and head to your favorite farm. Moving will help keep your energy levels up!
- Cold water therapy gets the blood circulating. It can also help reduce inflation, depending on your sleep, and improve your immunity. I LOVE IT. Take a cold shower, put your face in an ice bath of water or take a cold plunge (here's a place locally). Seriously, it will work wonders.
- THCv is a natural cannabinoid that helps you stay motivated and alert and provides you ENERGY. It also has an appetite-suppressant quality, so if you are trying to manage all those things, check out these options.
- I drink a cup of Yerba Mate tea every morning, which is excellent for energy. I read somewhere that "Yerba mate offers the "strength of coffee, the health benefits of tea, and the euphoria of chocolate." I love that. The blend I use also helps with women's libido; if you're premenopausal like me, you'll click to cart after reading this blog post.
- Aromatherapy and specifically CITRUS. Start using lemon, tangerine, orange, and all the citruses around the house. I pour a few drops in my shower each morning and diffuse them into my bathroom. Citrus scents boost your emotional and physical energy. I highly recommend any of these.
- Dance like no one is watching is a great way to give your body a feeling of being alive. Put on your favorite song, dance your ass off, and you will feel alive with those endorphins released.
- Staying hydrated actually helps with your energy, amongst other things. When you're dehydrated, that can affect your mood, making you a little cranky, tired and miserable. Still, staying hydrated helps us maintain our energy levels by keeping our bodies functioning correctly.
After I've given you all of these ways to get energized, it's okay to slow down at the end of the day. Nature slows down during this season, so why shouldn't we?! But if you need a little pep in your step, any of these ten ideas will work.